- (noun) an official pardon for people who have been convicted of political offences. “an amnesty for political prisoners”
- (noun) an undertaking by the authorities to take no action against specified offences during a fixed period. “a month-long weapons amnesty”
- (verb) grant an official pardon to. “the guerrillas would be amnestied and allowed to return to civilian life”
Amnesty meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- क्षमादान काल, क्षमादाना, राज क्षमा, सर्वक्षमा, आम माफ़ी
- late 16th century: via Latin from Greek amnēstia ‘forgetfulness’.
Amnesty in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Gandhi Jayanti Live Updates: Rural India , villages have …, As many as seven convicts lodged in Odisha jails were released under the amnesty scheme as part of commemoration of the 150th birth …
- Modi’s biggest foreign policy gamble: Abolition of Jammu and …, In an excellent revisionist study of India’s foreign policy during the Cold … to India’s citizenship law that would amnesty all illegal migrants from ..
- NMC launches amnesty scheme for tax defaulters, Nashik: The Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has started an amnesty scheme for property tax defaulters from September 16 to October 15.
- Govt hoping for windfall gains from tax amnesty scheme, The government has recently launched an amnesty-cum-dispute resolution … times,” says Harpreet Singh, partner, indirect taxes, KPMG India.
- Special report: Will the Citizenship Amendment Bill really help …, To counter this, the BJP has renewed its push to amend India’s … the bill would only provide a one-time amnesty to illegal Hindu migrants from …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Amnesty
- am-nesty-> similar to “i am nasty” but still my parents generally pardon my mistakes
- amnesty.amnes+ty..amnesia….a mental diseases…in which a person forgets ..everthing……forgetfulness….so forgetting someone mistakes and ..granting them pardon………
How to Pronounce Amnesty