- (noun) an earnest or humble request; “he ignored her entreaties”
Entreaty (एन्ट्रीटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अनुनय-विनय, निवेदन, प्रार्थना, विनती, विनय, इसरार, फ़रियाद, मिन्नत
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘treatment, management’; formerly also as intreaty ): from entreat, on the pattern of treaty.
Entreaty in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Trump must not go wobbly and consent to this fake entreaty.
- Supplication is an earnest request or humble entreaty.
- Michael B. Curry reminded us of Martin Luther King’s entreaty at last week’s royal wedding.
- Then, he sealed the deal with this entreaty to the Governor.
- In 1866, West Virginia refused Virginia’s entreaty to do so.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of entreaty
- entreaty – bhaiya stag entry de do.. no gf 🙁
Harangue Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) a lengthy and aggressive speech
(verb) lecture (someone) at length in an aggressive and critical manner
Harangue meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भाषण, भाषण देना, उग्र भाषण देना
- late Middle English: from Old French arenge, from medieval Latin harenga, perhaps of Germanic origin. The spelling was later altered to conform with French harangue (noun), haranguer (verb).
Harangue in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- And both are prepared to bully, harangue, and lie to get ahead.
- He “cursed the entire uniform(ed) body” during a 90-minute harangue.
- I hate to end the year with a harangue against a major technology company, but I must.
- He did periodically harangue me for wasting my natural business development / sales skills.
- he Prime Minister was sending a signal to the right-wing fringe in the BJP that it must tone down its harangue, the analyst added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of harangue
- HAR (her) + ANGUE (anger) = jab kisi ‘her’ ko ‘anger’ aaye toh harangue sunne ke liye ready ho jao dosto