- (verb) remove (someone) from a place of danger to a safer place. “several families were evacuated from their homes”
- (verb) leave or cause the occupants to leave (a place of danger). “fire alarms forced staff to evacuate the building”
- (verb) (of troops) withdraw from (a place). “the last British troops evacuated the Canal Zone”
- (verb) remove air, water, or other contents from (a container). “when it springs a leak, evacuate the pond”
- (verb) empty (the bowels or another bodily organ). “patients evacuated their bowels before dialysis”
- (verb) discharge (faeces or other matter) from the body. “the bowel functions to evacuate solid waste products”
Evacuate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- खाली कराना, छोड़ना, निकालना, ले जाना, हटा देना, मलोत्सर्ग करना, शून्य करना, रिक्त करना, छोड़ देना, खाली कराना, ख़ाली करना, छोड़कर अन्यत्र जाना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘clear the contents of’): from Latin evacuat- ‘(of the bowels) emptied’, from the verb evacuare, from e- (variant of ex- ) ‘out of’ + vacuus ‘empty’.
Evacuate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Cyclone Fani: 3 dead in India and Bangladesh, millions evacuated, A powerful cyclone has lashed coastal areas of eastern India with torrential rain and winds gusting up to 200km an hour, killing at least three …
- Clean-up operation begins after deadly Cyclone Fani hits India and about 1.1 million people were evacuated away from the coast; in Bangladesh, 1.6 million were evacuated. In India and Bangladesh, …
- ‘Won’t Be Able to Evacuate Them Later’: Sushma Swaraj Urges …, Swaraj tweeted, “Even after massive evacuation from Libya and the travel ban, there are over 500 Indian nationals in Tripoli. The situation in …
- Admin directs to evacuate 926 dilapidated houses, Kanpur: The district administration has geared itself to face the cyclonic storm Fani, and appointed ADM (finance) Virendra Pandey as nodal …
- Root of the matter…, We had to evacuate and find refuge away from the affected zones. … the LOC, came under the territory of India, after the 1971 Indo-Pak conflict.