- (adj) (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects;“a virulent strain of influenza”
- (adj) bitterly hostile;“a virulent attack on liberalism”
Virulent (विरलन्ट / विर्यलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, जहरीला, तीखा, द्रोही, विषमय, विषाक्त, विषैला, संक्रामक
- late Middle English (originally describing a poisoned wound): from Latin virulentus, from virus ‘poison’
Virulent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Virulent CPM hatred triggered attack on CITU leader.
- In this past week we have seen virulent hysteria from political leaders on a scale rarely seen before.
- Even while targeting BJP, parties are competing with each other to be seen as the most virulent critic of the half-baked move.
- Strain of dengue in Delhi less virulent, says health secretary.
- On the social media, the tone is virulent; one asked, “why should every policy be about the poor.” Why indeed?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Virulent
Profound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense; “profound feelings of disquiet”
- (adj) (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight; “a profound philosopher”
- (adj) (of a disease or disability) very severe; “a case of profound liver failure”
- (adj) (of a subject or idea) demanding deep study or thought; “expressing profound truths in simple language”
- (noun) the deepest part of something, especially the ocean; “nor billowy surge disturbs the vast profound”
Profound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गहरा, गम्भीर, गहन, अत्यंत, महासागर
- Middle English: from Old French profund, from Latin profundus ‘deep’, from Latin pro ‘before’ + fundus ‘bottom’. The word was used earliest in the sense ‘showing deep insight’.
Profound in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shobhaa De frivolous statement only reflects her profound ignorance of how athletes perform or what motivates them towards excellence.
- The students were in a state of complete shock and profound grief.
- This will have a profound impact on food security and bring us closer to our national goal of doubling farmer incomes by 2020.
- Little and profound emotions have been woven in and the film is sure to give you a lump in the throat.
- India’s energy sector is seeing profound transformations since the past two years.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of profound
- profound = prof. found a deep (profound) secret
Abysmal Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Abysmal [uh–biz-muh l]
- (adj) extremely bad; appalling.“the quality of her work is abysmal”
- (adj) very deep.”waterfalls that plunge into abysmal depths”
Abysmal (अबिज़्मल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (used literally as in sense 2): from abysm. Sense 1 dates from the early 19th century.
Abysmal in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abysmal
- abysmal – suppose Aby(A.B de villiars) wants only mal, mal and mal ( that would be an abysmal situation)
Himmatwala movie review: Sajid Khan, we want our refund for enduring this abysmal ‘effort’
Unconscionable Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Unconscionable [uhn-kon-shuh-nuh-buhl] (adjective)
- not guided by conscience; unscrupulous
- greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
Unconscionable Word Usage:
- an unconscionable spending
- an unconscionable liar
- an unconscionable behavior
- an unconscionable profit
Shareholders have had to wait an unconscionable time for the facts to be established
Inordinate Vocab Meme – Daily English vocabulary words with pictures to improve your vocab
Inordinate [in-awr-dn-it] (adjective)
- beyond normal limits