- (verb) express or feel sympathy or pity; sympathize. “she went over to commiserate with Rose on her unfortunate circumstances”
- (verb) feel or express pity for (someone). “she did not exult in her rival’s fall, but, on the contrary, commiserated her”
Commiserate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- किसी पर दया करना, समवेदना प्रकट करना, सहानुभूति रखना या प्रकट करना, सहानुभूति प्रकट करना
- late 16th century: from Latin commiserat– ‘commiserated’, from the verb commiserari, from com- ‘with’ + miserari ‘to lament’ (from miser ‘wretched’).
Commiserate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- X-Men comic writers commiserate over ‘unconnected gibberish’ of …., The movie franchise has always been hit and miss, but X-Men fans know that’s also been the case at times in the comics themselves — just ask …
- As globalism crumbles, Harvard and Angela Merkel commiserate, Harvard University invited the woman responsible for the European refugee crisis, who fights to this day for the failed globalist policies favored …
- Chinese vendors, Mexican clients commiserate on Trump tariffs at …, Mexico City (AFP) – Huang Chao came to Mexico looking for business, not friends, but the Chinese sales manager says he found unexpected …
- ‘I thought I had enough bat on it’: Brathwaite’s heartbreak, WATCH on Hotstar (India only) – Brathwaite breathes fire with 101 … in going to congratulate and commiserate with Brathwaite moments after …
- Trump attack India, China and Russia on climate change, US President Donald Trump attacked India, China and Russia on … Christian Ntsay were later seen commiserating with mourners at the …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Commiserate
- co+miserate …share one’s misery by being with them or identifying their misery vicariously
- Its a great misery! We should all commiserate!