Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Retaliate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make an attack in return for a similar attack
Retaliate (रिटैलीएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पलट कर हमला करना, बदला देना,प्रतिकार करना
- early 17th century: from Latin retaliat- ‘returned in kind’, from the verb retaliare, from re- ‘back’ + talis ‘such’.
Retaliate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- The good news is that depending on deterrence, meaning the ability to retaliate after a surprise attack, has thus far averted nuclear conflict.
- The attack led the Army to retaliate with cross-border surgical strikes against camps of NSCN(K).
- Shameful of me not to retaliate.
- Warner may just be the one who gets pinned by someone in retaliation.
- India would retaliate for the beheading of its jawans.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retaliate
- jab maine paise “re” – “tally” kiye, toh much 500 Rs. ke note kam mile, I just retaliated.
Yuvraj Singh retaliates in his own style