- (noun) the ability to make good judgements and take quick decisions; “she hides a shrewd business acumen”
Acumen (अक्यूमन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अतिसूक्ष्मता, कुशाग्रता, चतुरता, विदग्धता, सूझबूझ, कुशाग्र बुद्धि, तीव्र दृष्टि, सूक्ष्म बुद्धि
- late 16th century: from Latin, ‘sharpness, point’, from acuere ‘sharpen’
Acumen in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Atal’s ex-dress designer lands in Lucknow to display her artistic acumen.
- PA Sangma conducted the proceedings with transparency and parliamentarian acumen.
- Aggression and Tactical Acumen Key to Margerita’s Drive.
- They did not attempt to become expert and rarely annoyed the players or the audience with their lack of cricket acumen.
- Keeping that in mind young Indians must augment their skills and sharpen their acumen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of acumen
- Acumen = IQ-men ; sharp & shrewd
What is Business Acumen?