- (adj) tending or able to change frequently or easily; “it is difficult to comprehend the whole of this protean subject”
- (adj) able to do many different things; versatile; “Ashwin is a remarkably protean bowler”
Protean (प्रोटीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- बहुरूपिया, बहुमुखी,परिवर्तनशील
- late 16th century: from Proteus + -an.
Protean in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Markets tend to exhibit their most protean behaviour prior to a landmark event; the budget being no exception.
- Responding to a mammoth first innings score by South Africa, Sehwag plundered the Protean bowling on a placid Chennai pitch.
- Shiamak Unwalla lists eight interesting things about the Protean.
- Suchindranath Aiyer Protean, polyglot, polymath, healer, global human, Brahmin.
- The top order used the right mix of caution and aggression and milked the Protean attack throughout their innings to post a big total.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of protean
- protein khao aur protean body banao
John Netto, The Protean Trader, explains the Netto Number