- (verb) hurl missiles repeatedly at; “two boys pelted him with rotten apples”
- (verb) hurl (something) at someone or something; “she spotted four boys pelting stones at ducks”
- (of rain, hail, or snow) fall quickly and very heavily; “the rain was pelting down”
- (informal) run somewhere very quickly; “I pelted across the road”
- (Phrases) full pelt — as fast as possible; “I ran downstairs at full pelt”
- (noun) the skin of an animal with the fur, wool, or hair still on it; “traders brought reindeer pelts”
- (Phrases) in one’s pelt — naked.“they came across Henn, standing in his pelt by the river”
Pelt (पेलत / पलट / पेल्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- झपटना, झोंकना, डालना, पीटना, फेंकना, मारना, फेंक कर मारना, ताबड़तोड़ भागना, मूसलाधार होना, तेज़ी से आगे बढ़ना, खाल, चमड़ा, चोट, मार, कच्चा चमड़ा, ताबड़तोड़ भागना, मूसलाधार होना, कूड़ा-कर्कट, फेंकने का कार्य
- Middle English: either from obsolete pellet ‘skin’, from an Old French diminutive of pel ‘skin’, from Latin pellis ‘skin’, or a back-formation from peltry.
Pelt in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Miscreants pelt stones on new Train 18 during trial run.
- Hailstorm, rain pelt down on rabi crops.
- New Zealand canoe hire shop housed Tassie tiger pelt worth $250000.
- Storms pelt Shaver Lake with snow and rain mix.
- An animal’s pelt can be affected by a number of environmental factors.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pelt
- (adj) (of a man) confident, stylish, and charming; “all the men looked debonair and handsome in white tie and tails”
Debonair (डेबनेर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलनसार, मेहरबान, विनीत, सुशील, हँसमुख, ख़ुशदिल, ख़ुशमिज़ाज
- Middle English (in the sense ‘meek or courteous’): from Old French debonaire, from de bon aire ‘of good disposition’.
Debonair in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shahid Kapoor turns the DEBONAIR mode on in this trippy photoshoot.
- Aamir looked debonair in a Nehru jacket while his wife Kiran Rao looked stunning in a shimmery golden sari.
- He’s like some kind of humorless combination of James Bond and Dirk Diggler, both debonair and dirty.
- On Valentine’s Day, show your date you’re debonair by courting the wines of the world.
- The beautiful ladies and debonair gentlemen arrived in limousines and walked the red carpet donning their elegant gowns and suits.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of debonair
- debo = bebo = kareena kapoor .. bebo ka husband debonair hi hoga
Abscond Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
- (verb) leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest
Abscond (ऐब्स्कान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘hide, conceal oneself’): from Latin abscondere ‘hide’, from ab- ‘away, from’ + condere ‘stow’
Abscond in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- After conning the victims of huge sums of money, they abscond.
- Probably that was one of the main reasons he chose to surrender and cooperate with his captors rather than abscond.
- No one, howsoever mighty he or she maybe, has the right to abscond from the law.
- In the attempt to abscond from the place he lost control of the vehicle and knocked against two checkpoint barricades one after the other.
- Real estate tycoon Anil Kumar Sharma today claimed that he was not absconding after being named an accused in the murder of Balika.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abscond
- “Ab” – scond (“KAND”) – ‘Ab’ ‘kand’ karoge toh secrectly bhagna padega nahh
Dhoom – John’s absconding scene
De rigueur Vocab Meme Dictionary English to Hindi translation with picture
De rigueur [duh ri-gur; French duh ree-gœr]
- (adj) required by etiquette or current fashion
De rigueur (डे रिगुयूर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
De rigueur in a sentence
French pronunciation = de rigueur
Paris Ballet School: Where Excellence Is “De Rigueur” (France 24)