- (noun) untruthfulness; “He is truly shameless about his mendacity”
Mendacity (मेन्डैसिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- असत्य, झूठ, भिक्षावृति, मिथ्यावादिता
- mid 17th century: from ecclesiastical Latin mendacitas, from mendax, mendac- ‘lying’
Mendacity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Yet again self-appointed experts have held forth about the dearth of sports facilities and the mendacity of officials in charge of these things.
- On a day like today I ask myself if wickedness, greed, bloodlust and mendacity are ingrained in us as a species.
- The episode of Gandhi’s article reveals the depths of mendacity to which high officials of the BJP can stoop.
- The Chinese position on the South China Sea is complicated and there is a touch of mendacity around them.
- The title of the two ‘Naked in front of police’ videos represents the worst kind of mendacity.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mendacity
- mendacity= “men in the cities” LIE to get gorgeous girls
- (noun) an illegal or dishonest scheme for obtaining money.
- (noun) a loud unpleasant noise; a din; “the kids were making a racket”
- (verb) enjoy oneself socially; go in pursuit of pleasure or entertainment; “she should settle down to raise a family instead of racketing about the world enjoying herself”
- (noun) a bat with a round or oval frame strung with catgut, nylon, etc., used especially in tennis, badminton, and squash; “a squash racket”
Racket (रैकिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- धोखाधड़ी, शोर कोलाहल मचाना, बेईमानी से कमाया धन
- mid 16th century: perhaps imitative of clattering
Racket in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Uttar Pradesh STF busted the AIPMT racket.
- Child trafficking racket busted, 67 children rescued.
- Hi-tech railway exam racket busted in Agra, six arrested.
- Cricket betting racket busted, 5 held.
- Cops bust international online sex racket, four arrested.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of racket
- 1000 squash racket ka racket
Racket Vs Racquet pronunciation
- (noun) a person who dishonestly claims to have special knowledge and skill in some field, typically medicine; “a quack doctor”
- (noun) the harsh sound of a duck
Quack (क्वैक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिथ्या चिकित्सक, बतख की बोली
- mid 17th century: abbreviation of earlier quacksalver, from Dutch, probably from obsolete quacken ‘prattle’ + salf, zalf
Quack in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Woman dies after being treated by quack.
- Quack held for conducting surgeries.
- Quack held for sale of unauthorized drugs.
- Gangs of crooks mostly quacks in Chittoor district are earning in crores claiming to extract stones from kidneys of innocent and illiterate people.
- Quack couple held in raid.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quack
- quack ~ hack. If you hack into a doctor profession (without studying medicine), u r a Quack
- (noun) a person who deceives others, especially in order to trick them out of their money; a charlatan.
- (noun) a person who sells quack medicines, as from a platform in public places, attracting and influencing an audience by tricks, storytelling,etc.
Mountebank meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कपटी,धोखेबाज़,नट,नीमहकीम,नटनी,बाज़ीगर,मदारी,कपटी विक्रेता,तमाशा कर भीड़ इकट्ठी करने वाला
Mountebank sentences from Newspaper
- Narendra Modi, the mountebank, dwarfed Chouhan at the rally called essentially to boost the BJP’s prospects in the upcoming assembly elections.
- A credulous conservative audience is ready for another mountebank like Warnke to thieve away their money telling fables about demons.
- Charlatan to many is a huckster, a mountebank, an impersonator.
- What equivocating mountebank could fool the American people with such nonsense?
- Why play along with someone who one of your closest allies has effectively described as a dangerous mountebank?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Mountebank
- mountebank can be broken as mouth+bank=person whose mouth is a bank of words….who is extremely boastful and pretentious…
Identify the Mountebank in the scene below
- (noun) a person who pretends to be someone else in order to deceive others, especially for fraudulent gain
Imposter meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Imposter in a news sentence
Mnemonics trick to remember the meaning of imposter
- Imposter – I’m in the poster…… A person who gets a fake poster of himself and pretends as a hero by displaying it to everyone.
Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan complains to cops about online imposter