- (adj) (of food) tender, juicy, and tasty; “heaps of succulent black grapes”
- (botany) (of a plant, especially a xerophyte) having thick fleshy leaves or stems adapted to storing water; “the ever-increasing popularity of succulent plants”
Succulent (सक्यलिन्ट / सक्युलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- early 17th century: from Latin succulentus, from succus ‘juice’.
Succulent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Cactus and succulent plant fever has swept Nagaland and gardeners are discovering the joys of growing these spiky plants over flowery ones.
- Arid land yields a bounty of succulent fruits.
- The succulent chicken was so tasty, that it went well with the spiced rice.
- Native to South Africa, jade plants are succulents that retain water in their round, green leaves.
- The acids in the marinade react with the lean muscle fibers in the meat and break them down, resulting in a more succulent piece of meat.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of succulent
Fetid [fet-id, fee-tid]
- (adj) smelling extremely unpleasant
Fetid (फेटड / फेटिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बदबूदार, दुर्गंधयुक्त, दुर्गन्धयुक्त
- late Middle English: from Latin fetidus (often erroneously spelled foetidus ), from fetere ‘to stink’. Compare with fetor.
Fetid in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fetid
- Feet-ID = es bande ke Feet smell kar rahe hai.. pls note his ID
How Fetid Your Fart Is?
Presumptuous [pri-zuhmp-choo-uh s]
- (adj) (of a person or their behaviour) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.
Presumptuous (प्रिज़म्प्चूअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ढीठ,धृष्ट,मान लेना,पहले से
- Middle English: from Old French presumptueux, from late Latin praesumptuosus, variant of praesumptiosus ‘full of boldness’,
Presumptuous in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of presumptuous
- bhaut jaada hi “Presume” kar liya… Presumptuous
Audacious [aw-dey-shuh s]
- (adj) showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks;“an audacious explorer”
- (adj) showing an impudent lack of respect; “he made an audacious remark”
Audacious (आडैशस / ऑडेशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उजड्ड, ढीठ, निडर, निर्भीक, साहसी, अक्खड़
- mid 16th century: from Latin audax, audac- ‘bold’ (from audere ‘dare’) + -ious.
Audacious in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of audacious
- crowd mein ‘Audible’ hone ke liye ‘audacious’ hone jaruri hai
Asian Paints Audacious Chote Nawab – “aane do!!”
Insolent [in-suh-luh nt]
- (adj) boldly rude or disrespectful; contemptuously impertinent; insulting;
Insolent (इन्सलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Insolent in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Insolent
- sounds like insult-ent => A person who insults evryone is UNRESTRAINED, IMPRUDENT AND SHAMELESS
Shahrukh khan insolent behaviour at Wankhede Stadium with background sound