Startle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) cause to feel sudden shock or alarm; “a sudden sound in the doorway startled her”
Startle (स्टार्टल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Old English steartlian ‘kick, struggle’, from the base of start. The early sense gave rise to ‘move quickly, caper’ (typically said of cattle), whence ‘cause to react with fear’ (late 16th century).
Startle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This woman surfing inches away from an erupting volcano will startle you.
- A spider can still startle me, but I keep a pair of rainbow stag beetles at home now, and I love them.
- Included here are many little stories that should startle anyone who still holds a worshipful view of the medical profession.
- Enemy: A gripping movie that will startle you.
- Kidney racket probe finding startle cops.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of startle
- startle = star dekhkar startle ho gya mein
Petrify Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) make (someone) so frightened that they are unable to move; “the thought of speaking in public petrified her”
(verb) change into stone; “the petrified remains of prehistoric animals”
Petrify (पेट्रफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पत्थर बनाना, कड़ा बनाना, पत्थर हो जाना, हक्का बक्का कर देना, हाथ पाँव फुला देना
- late Middle English: from French pétrifier, from medieval Latin petrificare, from Latin petra ‘rock’, from Greek.
Petrify in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Mathematics used to petrify IT minister K.T. Rama Rao when he was a student.
- He was always good at mimicry and would often accompany the shadows with scary noises that used to petrify me.
- Well, I think this blast, just a few days before the New Year, is clearly an attempt to petrify people who visit Church Street.
- His presence in a press room, in a stadium or a restaurant, is enough to petrify anyone in the first instance.
- My parents used to petrify us with stories when we were children!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of petrify
I Am Petrified Of Making Mistakes In Front Of The Camera : Amitabh Bachchan
Intimidate Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Intimidate [in-tim-i-deyt] (verb)
- to frighten or make someone afraid
- to make timid or fearful
- to compel or deter by inducing fear
Intimidate Word usage:
- Managements now realize that intimidation does not contribute to efficiency.
- The don’s intimidating presence in the nightclub was disturbing the other patrons.
Intimidating Word Usage in News: