- (adj) possessing or showing courage or determination; “she made a valiant effort to hold her anger in check”
Valiant (वैल्यन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दिलेर, पराक्रमी, बहादुर, विक्रांत, वीर, शूर, शूरवीर, साहसी, बहादुराना, वीरतापूर्ण
- Middle English (also in the sense ‘robust, well-built’): from Old French vailant, based on Latin valere ‘be strong’.
Valiant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- His valiant knock comprised 12 fours and three sixes.
- A valiant fight put up by two groups of soldiers helped avoid a major hostage crisis as the three terrorists stormed into an Army installation.
- Playing in his 14th Test, the right-handed batsman scored a valiant 103 against the dominant visitors to help draw the fourth Test in Nagpur.
- Bitburger Open: Despite valiant effort, Sourabh Verma loses in final.
- No stone would be left unturned to help these valiant sons of the soil, he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valiant
- Valiant –> great effort by ‘ant’ in the ‘valley’
- (noun) an illegal or dishonest scheme for obtaining money.
- (noun) a loud unpleasant noise; a din; “the kids were making a racket”
- (verb) enjoy oneself socially; go in pursuit of pleasure or entertainment; “she should settle down to raise a family instead of racketing about the world enjoying herself”
- (noun) a bat with a round or oval frame strung with catgut, nylon, etc., used especially in tennis, badminton, and squash; “a squash racket”
Racket (रैकिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- धोखाधड़ी, शोर कोलाहल मचाना, बेईमानी से कमाया धन
- mid 16th century: perhaps imitative of clattering
Racket in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Uttar Pradesh STF busted the AIPMT racket.
- Child trafficking racket busted, 67 children rescued.
- Hi-tech railway exam racket busted in Agra, six arrested.
- Cricket betting racket busted, 5 held.
- Cops bust international online sex racket, four arrested.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of racket
- 1000 squash racket ka racket
Racket Vs Racquet pronunciation
Audacious [aw-dey-shuh s]
- (adj) showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks;“an audacious explorer”
- (adj) showing an impudent lack of respect; “he made an audacious remark”
Audacious (आडैशस / ऑडेशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उजड्ड, ढीठ, निडर, निर्भीक, साहसी, अक्खड़
- mid 16th century: from Latin audax, audac- ‘bold’ (from audere ‘dare’) + -ious.
Audacious in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of audacious
- crowd mein ‘Audible’ hone ke liye ‘audacious’ hone jaruri hai
Asian Paints Audacious Chote Nawab – “aane do!!”
- (noun) a practical joke or mischievous act.“a silly student prank”
Prank (प्रैंगक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चाल, उछलकूद, चालाकी, मज़ाक
- early 16th century (denoting a wicked deed): of unknown origin
Prank in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prank
- I bet you cannot speak “pra.. bra.. bra.. pra.. bra.. pra… bra..” loudly Your gf near you? Just another prank 🙂
Blowing Girls Clothes Off Prank!!