- (noun) skill or expertise in a particular activity or field; “his prowess as a fisherman”
- (noun) bravery in battle; “the knights were famed for their prowess in battle”
Prowess (प्राउअस / प्राउइस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- कौशल, दिलेरी, वीरता, शूरता, साहस, भुजबल, विचरना
- Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French proesce, from prou ‘valiant’. Sense 1 dates from the early 20th century.
Prowess in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- India’s skilled manpower and Finland’s high-end tech prowess should be leveraged under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Zac Posen Shows Off His Film Prowess at Metrograph.
- India “proves Ballistic Missile Defence prowess”
- Obamacare tests Trump’s deal-making prowess.
- Why Israel’s Sudden Baseball Prowess Actually Means Something.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prowess
- prowess meain chuppa hai POWER
- (adj) clever or skillful; “he was adroit at tax avoidance”
Adroit (अड्रॉइट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चतुर, चालाक, चेष्टावत, दक्ष, धूर्त, निपुण, सुजान
- mid 17th century: from French, from à droit ‘according to right, properly’
Adroit in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Interviews do not end up with feedbacks, instead adroit trainers, counselors and faculty members help you get over all shortcomings.
- For our camera too, Shweta Rathore cracks an effortless smile and assumes adroit poses that highlight the gentle undulation of her biceps.
- The hair may have greyed, the freckles more prominent, the hitting power dwindled, but Dhoni remains the adroit master at winning cricket matches.
- Perhaps these are “rural” folk, not expected to be adroit with their choice of words.
- Chief executive officer of Karachi-based Dawn Group of Publications who is currently visiting Mumbai, said “Modi has made an adroit move”.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adroit
- adroit = android – aapka android phone bhaut smart (Chaalak) hai
- (adj) living forever; never dying or decaying.“our mortal bodies are inhabited by immortal souls”
- (adj) deserving to be remembered forever.”the immortal children’s classic, ‘The Wind in the Willows’”
- (noun) an immortal being, especially a god of ancient Greece or Rome.
- (noun) a person of enduring fame.“he will always be one of the immortals of soccer”
immortal (इमॉर्टल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अमर व्यक्ति,अनश्वर, अमर, अमिट, अविनाशी
- late Middle English: from Latin immortalis, from in- ‘not’ + mortalis
immortal in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- RK Laxman’s Cartoons are Immortal – Dr. S. B Mujumdar
- So, the idea of immortality is inherent in man. How can one discuss a subject that is unimaginable?
- Guru Dutt’s immortal classic ‘Pyaasa’ selected for Venice Film Festival
- Shahjehan as a “true lover”; his “immortal love”; “Taj, a symbol of love”; and blah blah.
- I know people are passionate about each others team , but accept the fact that no team is immortal and enjoy the game for what it is.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of immortal
- im’mota’l – mein ‘mota’ hu aur immortal bhi
Undertaker rises from a coffin to attack Brock Lesnar: Raw, – Immortal Undertaker
Virtuoso [vur-choo-oh-soh] (noun)
- a person highly skilled in music or another artistic pursuit
- a person who has special knowledge or skill in a field
Virtuoso Word Usage:
- Guitar Virtuoso performs at IIM-A in Ahmedabad
As adjective: “a virtuoso performance”
Virtuoso Word Usage in Recent News: