- (adj) (of a man) confident, stylish, and charming; “all the men looked debonair and handsome in white tie and tails”
Debonair (डेबनेर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलनसार, मेहरबान, विनीत, सुशील, हँसमुख, ख़ुशदिल, ख़ुशमिज़ाज
- Middle English (in the sense ‘meek or courteous’): from Old French debonaire, from de bon aire ‘of good disposition’.
Debonair in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shahid Kapoor turns the DEBONAIR mode on in this trippy photoshoot.
- Aamir looked debonair in a Nehru jacket while his wife Kiran Rao looked stunning in a shimmery golden sari.
- He’s like some kind of humorless combination of James Bond and Dirk Diggler, both debonair and dirty.
- On Valentine’s Day, show your date you’re debonair by courting the wines of the world.
- The beautiful ladies and debonair gentlemen arrived in limousines and walked the red carpet donning their elegant gowns and suits.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of debonair
- debo = bebo = kareena kapoor .. bebo ka husband debonair hi hoga
- (adj) denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; “the halcyon days of the 1960s”
- (noun) a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves.
- (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher.
Halcyon (हैल्सीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शांत, खुशगवार, शान्तिपूर्ण
- late Middle English (in the mythological sense): via Latin from Greek alkuōn ‘kingfisher’ (also halkuōn, by association with hals ‘sea’ and kuōn ‘conceiving’).
Halcyon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Australian fans no longer take those halcyon days for granted after a barren period without a legspinner.
- Those halcyon years.
- Perhaps those halcyon days of the “mixed economy” were not meant to last long.
- I’m not expecting a return to those halcyon days.
- Those Halcyon Days in Winter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of halcyon
- halcyon bole toh halke din … halka halka sa yeh nasha… 🙂
- (adj) peaceful in character or intent
- (adj) relating to the Pacific Ocean
- (noun) short for Pacific Ocean
Pacific (पसिफिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- प्रशांत महासागरीय,प्रशांत,प्रशान्त,शांतिकर,शान्त,स्थिर,शांतिप्रिय,ठहरा हुआ,मेल करने वाला,शांत,स्थिर,शांतिप्रद
Pacific in a sentence
- the pacific temper seeks to settle disputes on grounds of justice rather than by force
- Pacific actions promote and create peace
- the result of this pacific policy was that no troops were called up
- Japanese never forget the pacific war, its historical tragedy & lesson, lost of 3-3.5 million Japanese, no more war
- Should we expect Hamas to be more pacific if it loses?
- But on the whole, the 21st century has been remarkably pacific.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pacific
- pacify island pei peaceful log rehte hai
Mother Teresa Nobel Peace (pacific) Prize 1979