- (verb) make more beautiful or attractive; “pictures and prints adorned his walls”
Adorn (अडॉर्न) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सजाना, विभूषित करना, सुंदर बनाना, शृंगार करना,सजना,संवरना,श्रृंगार करना
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin adornare, from ad- ‘to’ + ornare ‘deck, add lustre’
Adorn in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- 125-foot Statue of Ambedkar to Adorn Amaravati.
- Sculptures now adorn Kasturba ashram.
- Paintings to adorn Jipmer walls.
- Colourful thematic paintings to soon adorn the walls of city railway station.
- Mythological figures and live fish will adorn the interiors.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adorn
- adorn = add + orn (ornaments)