- (noun) habitual greed or excess in eating; “she said plumpness was a sign of gluttony in most cases”
Gluttony (ग्लटनी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पेटूपन, लालच, लोलुपता
- Middle English: from Old French glutonie, from gluton ‘glutton’.
Gluttony in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Pope says forget greed and gluttony at Christmas, go for simple love.
- Muskoka fitness trainer gives top 10 ways to combat holiday gluttony.
- After the holiday gluttony, many people are trying to get back on track when it comes to fitness and wellness.
- Eating right: Holidays don’t have to be the ‘season of gluttony‘.
- Gluttony really could turn you into a fathead.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gluttony
- Gluttony = glued to ‘ton’ of weight – ‘petupan’
The Gluttony Queen