- (verb) openly disregard (a rule, law, or convention). “the advertising code is being flouted”
- (verb) mock, scoff. “the women pointed and flouted at her”
Flout meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अवहेलना करना, अवज्ञा करना, उल्लंघन करना, अनादर , अनादर करना, अवज्ञा, अवज्ञा करना , आक्षेप, आक्षेप करना, उपहास, उपहास करना , ताना, ताना मारना
- mid 16th century: perhaps from Dutch fluiten ‘whistle, play the flute, hiss (in derision)’; German dialect pfeifen auf, literally ‘pipe at’, has a similar extended meaning.
Flout in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Senior India Player In Hot Water For Flouting BCCI’s Family Clause At …, A senior member of the Indian team has landed in hot waters for reportedly violating BCCI’s ‘family clause’ rules during the World Cup. India …
- The Liberal Mafia: Entitled, assertive and vindictive, the liberal gang of …, The third law of liberalism is the one they flout most flagrantly — tolerance. … The last thing India needs is the BJP mutating into the Congress …
- India- HVPNL alleged to flout Haryana State Litigation Policy Affected …, (MENAFN – KNN India) HVPNL alleged to flout Haryana State Litigation Policy; Affected MSME seeks CM Khattar’s help. New Delhi, July 26 …
- Commercial complexes flout parking norms in Odisha, Shanti Tower, a multi-storey shopping mall with a Cineplex, at the most congested location of the main road, uses its basement for car parking …
- Virat Kohli to skip press conference: Is Rohit Sharma rift to blame?, India captain Virat Kohli tosses his bat in air after being dismissed by West … But, the player then went on to flout the rule for the entirety of the …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Flout
- FLOUT… FOUL + OUT. When a player is sent out by foul, the player shows his contempt to the referee.
- A kid asked me if he could FLY his paper plane in the room, I replied bluntly-FLY OUT.
Khabardaar: Under-18 Kids Flout Rules, Drive Bikes Without Licence In Delhi (Part-2)