- (noun) skill or expertise in a particular activity or field; “his prowess as a fisherman”
- (noun) bravery in battle; “the knights were famed for their prowess in battle”
Prowess (प्राउअस / प्राउइस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- कौशल, दिलेरी, वीरता, शूरता, साहस, भुजबल, विचरना
- Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French proesce, from prou ‘valiant’. Sense 1 dates from the early 20th century.
Prowess in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- India’s skilled manpower and Finland’s high-end tech prowess should be leveraged under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Zac Posen Shows Off His Film Prowess at Metrograph.
- India “proves Ballistic Missile Defence prowess”
- Obamacare tests Trump’s deal-making prowess.
- Why Israel’s Sudden Baseball Prowess Actually Means Something.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prowess
- prowess meain chuppa hai POWER
Valour Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the qualities of a hero or heroine; exceptional or heroic courage when facing danger (especially in battle); “the medals are awarded for acts of valour”
Valour (वैलर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- वीरता, दिलेरी, निर्भयता, पराक्रम, बहादुरी, शूरता, साहस
- Middle English (denoting worth derived from personal qualities or rank): via Old French from late Latin valor, from valere ‘be strong’.
Valour in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the dam has not been built by bricks and mortar, “but by faith of our friendship and valour of Afghans”.
- PM Modi salutes the valour of soldiers at Arlington Cemetery.
- Chittorgarh: A saga of valour and courage.
- Son of local mom earns Medal of Valour.
- He indeed set an unforgettable and remarkable precedent of valour that still inspires and is a beacon for the institution of army.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valour
Grit Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) courage and resolve; strength of character; “I’ve known few men who could match Sam’s grit”
- (noun) small loose particles of stone or sand; “she had a bit of grit in her eye”
- (verb) to cause to grind or grate together; “fine red dust that gritted between the teeth”
- (verb) to make a scratchy or slightly grating sound, as of sand being walked on; grate.
Grit (ग्रिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- साहस, चरित्र बल, गिट्टी, धूल, बजरी, बालू, बजरी बिछाना
- Old English grēot ‘sand, gravel’, of Germanic origin; related to German Griess, also to groats.
Grit in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Do this one thing to help your kids develop ‘grit‘.
- The Uncapped Indians – a story of hard work, grit and determination.
- Their results found no evidence that grit is a good predictor of success.
- Raising a Child With Grit Can Mean Letting Her Quit.
- Does grit actually improve performance?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of grit