- (noun) habitual greed or excess in eating; “she said plumpness was a sign of gluttony in most cases”
Gluttony (ग्लटनी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- Middle English: from Old French glutonie, from gluton ‘glutton’.
Gluttony in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Pope says forget greed and gluttony at Christmas, go for simple love.
- Muskoka fitness trainer gives top 10 ways to combat holiday gluttony.
- After the holiday gluttony, many people are trying to get back on track when it comes to fitness and wellness.
- Eating right: Holidays don’t have to be the ‘season of gluttony‘.
- Gluttony really could turn you into a fathead.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gluttony
- Gluttony = glued to ‘ton’ of weight – ‘petupan’
- (noun) skill or expertise in a particular activity or field; “his prowess as a fisherman”
- (noun) bravery in battle; “the knights were famed for their prowess in battle”
Prowess (प्राउअस / प्राउइस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- कौशल, दिलेरी, वीरता, शूरता, साहस, भुजबल, विचरना
- Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French proesce, from prou ‘valiant’. Sense 1 dates from the early 20th century.
Prowess in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- India’s skilled manpower and Finland’s high-end tech prowess should be leveraged under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Zac Posen Shows Off His Film Prowess at Metrograph.
- India “proves Ballistic Missile Defence prowess”
- Obamacare tests Trump’s deal-making prowess.
- Why Israel’s Sudden Baseball Prowess Actually Means Something.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prowess
- prowess meain chuppa hai POWER