Penury Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the state of being very poor; extreme poverty; “he couldn’t face another year of penury”
Penury meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: from Latin penuria ‘need, scarcity’; perhaps related to paene ‘almost’.
Penury in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Despite many programmes, penury could not be removed.
- The veteran music composer who was living in penury wrote to Ms. Jayalalithaa seeking financial assistance.
- After Independence, Aich was released from jail and despite penury he continued to indulge in his passion for bodybuilding.
- Ali, who spent his childhood in utter penury and had to suffer a lot, being a non-white, became the biggest name in all of sports.
- The penury is often due to his drinking away the cash his brother sends.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of penury
- penury = jab ‘pen’ khareedne ke liye ‘ruppee’ khatam ho jaaye, samjh lena penury aa gayi hai
Adversity Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a difficult or unpleasant situation.
Adversity (ऐड्वर्सिटी / अड्वर्सिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कठिनाई, गरीबी, तंगहाली, दुःख, दुर्दिन, दुर्भाग्य, विपत्ति, ग़रीबी, अभाग्य, आपदा
- Middle English: from Old French adversite, from Latin adversitas, from advertere ‘turn towards’.
Adversity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Children learn to handle adversity from parents.
- I was trying to stay cheerful in the face of adversity.
- Nanna taught me to be brave in the face of adversity.
- It’s also a story of extremely brave parents who are willing to support their child in the face of adversity.
- It is the close ones that fail to give love and courage to their children during times of adversity if not protect them from it.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adversity
- Adversity = adverse + situation
Fearless like a child — overcoming adversity