- (noun) agreement or compatibility between opinions or actions. “consonance between conservation measures and existing agricultural practice”
- (noun) the recurrence of similar-sounding consonants in close proximity, especially in prosody. “the abrupt quality of the sound is echoed in the final ‘t’ consonance of ‘discreet’ and ‘shut’”
- (noun) a combination of notes which are in harmony with each other due to the relationship between their frequencies. “all music creates tension and release, dissonance and consonance”
Consonance meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आनुरूप्य, तालमेल, सामंजस्य, अनुरूपता, संवादिता, सहमधुरता
- late Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin consonantia, from consonant- ‘sounding together’, from the verb consonare (see consonant).
Consonance in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- View: India’s Central Bank autonomy takes another hit, Viral Acharya’s departure as a deputy governor of India’s central bank is … If perfect ideological consonance with a fiscally irresponsible …
- Expect Budget to focus on roadmap for regulatory changes: Deloitte, … needs to be introduced in ‘consonance with economic needs of the country’. … “There’s a small proportion of taxpayers who pay tax in India.
- International Yoga Day 2019: Soldiers Perform Yoga in Dunes, … fight lifestyle diseases in consonance with the theme of International Yoga …. Rakhya Bandhan is a festival in India every un married girls ties …
- Yogi Adityanath orders revival of anti-Romeo squads, In consonance with this directive, the anti- Romeo squad will … The principal secretary said senior women Indian Police Service officers of …
- Indian court withdraws judge’s ‘Hindu nation’ comment, Church leaders in India have welcomed a state court overruling a … The court’s order is “truly in consonance with the secular character of our …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Consonance
- consonance – Relate with RESONANCE
- repitition of consonants makes a meledy which sounds harmonious and hence consonance means harmonious,compatible