- (adj) slow and clumsy because of great weight. “a swarthy, ponderous giant of a man”
- (adj) (especially of speech or writing) dull or laborious. “the show is loaded down with ponderous one-liners”
Ponderous meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- नीरस, फीका, कठिन, श्रमसाध्य, भारी भरकम, भद्दा
- late Middle English: via French from Latin ponderosus, from pondus, ponder- ‘weight’.
Ponderous in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Present mode of political negotiation ‘problematic’: CCF, SCF …, … on Wednesday termed the manner in which the Government of India … that there is “ponderous problems ahead, with many confusions and …
- 2019 Isuzu D-Max V-Cross road test review, … of any vehicle on sale in India, at 3,295mm long, 1,860mm wide and … slightly ponderous in its shifts, especially between first and second.
- More movies: ‘Klaus,’ ‘Earthquake Bird,’ ‘Warrior Queen of …, … ponderous dialogue and poorly explained hallucination scenes, not to … The premise: The queen of the state of Jhansi in northern India …
- #12YearsOfCaptainDhoni Top Trend As Twitter Toasts Former …, Dhoni was chosen to captain India after three senior players – Rahul … has often faced criticism for his poor form and ponderous style of batting.
- ‘Bharat’ review: Where Salman Khan’s ‘India’ takes centre stage, … place and emotions, Bharat is way too ponderous and plodding. On paper, seeing seven decades of post-Independence India through the …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Ponderous
- Its simple guys, POUND is a unit of weight , we often calculate weight in pounds! 1 Pound = 480 grams