- (adj) (of a person) famous and respected within a particular sphere;
“one of the world’s most eminent statisticians”.
- (adj) (of a positive quality) present to a notable degree; “the book’s scholarship and eminent readability”
Eminent (एमिनेंट / एमीनेंट / एमिनेन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रख्यात, प्रतापी, प्रतिष्ठित, प्रवर, प्रसिद्ध, महत, मान्यवर, विशिष्ट, श्रेष्ठ, सुप्रसिद्ध, अग्रगण्य, उत्तुंग, प्रकांड, उच्च, उत्कृष्ट, ऊँचा, ऊंचा
- late Middle English: from Latin eminent- ‘jutting, projecting’, from the verb eminere.
Eminent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- PM Modi doing best to advance common good in India, says eminent economist Prof Kotler.
- Eminent academician S Ramaswamy passes away at 86.
- The JQ Wingate Literary Prize is Britain’s pre-eminent Jewish literary prize.
- Death of an eminent English composer, 91.
- Eminent Polish musicologist dies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of eminent
- think about Eminem who is always above others.
Eminent scientist Yash Pal dies at 90