- (verb) be imminent or about to happen; “my impending departure”
impend (इम्पेन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निकट होना, समीप आ जाना, आ जाना
- late 16th century: from Latin impendere, from in- ‘towards, upon’ + pendere ‘hang’.
impend in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Yet, it remains the loyal lieutenant as even greater failures and attendant dangers impend due to Washington’s arrogance.
- Decline and disaster impend, but my thoughts don’t linger there. It shouldn’t surprise me if at this time next week I’m surrounded by family.
- Apple douses rumor of impending iMessage release for Android.
- One Last Chance to Stop China’s Impending Debt Crisis.
- Don’t panic about news of impending Fed rate hike.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of impend
- impending – jaada days pending nahi rahega ab… about to happen
UN warns of impending famine in Yemen as no way in for food aid