- (verb) enquire too inquisitively into a person’s private affairs; “I’m sick of you prying into my personal life”
Pry (प्राइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निजी जानकारी प्राप्त करने की कोशिश करना
- early 19th century: from the verb prise, interpreted as pries, third person singular of the present tense.
Pry in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- But – phew – at least it was password protected, otherwise any peeping tom could pry through your entire mobile life.
- Don’t pry or compare: Nothing good can come out of it.
- All in all, it’s high time we banned such pathetic and less than smart ads that pry on women’s insecurities and pit them against each other.
- According to police, one fot he victims, a scrap dealer, was trying to pry out copper from the shell when it exploded.
- New US satellite seeks to pry secrets out of Atlantic’s storms.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pry
Presumptuous [pri-zuhmp-choo-uh s]
- (adj) (of a person or their behaviour) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.
Presumptuous (प्रिज़म्प्चूअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ढीठ,धृष्ट,मान लेना,पहले से
- Middle English: from Old French presumptueux, from late Latin praesumptuosus, variant of praesumptiosus ‘full of boldness’,
Presumptuous in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of presumptuous
- bhaut jaada hi “Presume” kar liya… Presumptuous
Audacious [aw-dey-shuh s]
- (adj) showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks;“an audacious explorer”
- (adj) showing an impudent lack of respect; “he made an audacious remark”
Audacious (आडैशस / ऑडेशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उजड्ड, ढीठ, निडर, निर्भीक, साहसी, अक्खड़
- mid 16th century: from Latin audax, audac- ‘bold’ (from audere ‘dare’) + -ious.
Audacious in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of audacious
- crowd mein ‘Audible’ hone ke liye ‘audacious’ hone jaruri hai
Asian Paints Audacious Chote Nawab – “aane do!!”
Brazen [brey-zuh n]
- (adj) shameless or impudent
- (adj) made of brass
- (verb) endure an embarrassing or difficult situation by behaving with apparent confidence and lack of shame
Brazen (ब्रेज़न / ब्रैज़न) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निर्लज्ज,पीतल के समान,खुल्लमखुल्ला,निर्लज,बेशर्म,पीतल का,तांबे का
Brazen in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of brazen
- Split the word brazen as Bra + Zen. Suppose you went out with your friends and saw a girl in a Zen car wearing only a bra. How was the attempt of the girl? Really bold and brazen!
Woman steals jewellery CCTV footage (Brazen daytime thefts)
Insolent [in-suh-luh nt]
- (adj) boldly rude or disrespectful; contemptuously impertinent; insulting;
Insolent (इन्सलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Insolent in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Insolent
- sounds like insult-ent => A person who insults evryone is UNRESTRAINED, IMPRUDENT AND SHAMELESS
Shahrukh khan insolent behaviour at Wankhede Stadium with background sound