- (verb) enclose or confine (someone) against their will; “her brother was immured in a lunatic asylum”
immure (इम्युर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बंद करना, कैद करना
- late 16th century: from French emmurer or medieval Latin immurare, from in- ‘in’ + murus ‘wall’.
immure in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Well, intellectual though he was, with a personal library of some 50,000 books, Eco didn’t immure himself in the proverbial Ivory Tower.
- The real question, then as now, was: do we want to immure ourselves in Europe as part of an economic and political bloc.
- In trying to immure her five daughters within a house of mourning for eight years, she is trying to preserve values of respectability and chastity.
- Instead of drawing from sounds outside the genre, the artists opt to immure themselves in nostalgia.
- That walls are sad: made to immure misery.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of immure
- immure – eh + more ko andar band karo
How To Pronounce Immure – Pronunciation Academy