- (noun) an unintentional act or remark causing embarrassment to its originator; a blunder; “I made some real gaffes at work”
Gaffe (गैफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चूक, भूल, ग़लती, भारी भूल
- early 20th century: from French, literally ‘boathook’ used colloquially to mean ‘blunder’.
Gaffe in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “Saying the wrong thing” is the most straightforward definition of a political gaffe, too.
- ‘Slip Of Tongue,’ Says Sports Minister Vijay Goel On Gold Medal Gaffe.
- Digvijaya’s gaffe invited immediate reactions on social media.
- Gaffe: Diggi talks of ‘India-occupied Kashmir’.
- His latest media gaffe has not come at the expense of himself for a change, but for his brother Sohail.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gaffe
- goofy gaffe bhaut karta hai
- (noun) excessive indulgence in sex, alcohol, or drugs
Debauchery (डबॉचरी / डिबॉचरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- व्यसन, ऐयाशी, लंपटता, कामुकता, भ्रष्टाचार, लाम्पट्य, विलासिता, व्यभिचार
- late 16th century: from French débaucher (verb) ‘turn away from one’s duty’, from Old French desbaucher, of uncertain ultimate origin.
Debauchery in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of debauchery
- Think of Mark ‘BOUCHER’ involving himself in sex, alcohol, or drugs and South Africa captain removing him from team.
Faux Pas [foh pah]
- (noun) an embarrassing or tactless act or remark in a social situation
Faux Pas (फो पाज़) meaning in Hindi
- अभद्रता (f),अशिष्टता (f),भारी भूल (f),शर्मनाक काम,सामाजिक गलती
Faux Pas in a sentence
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Faux pas
- Faux can be thought of as focus…and when focus loses(pas) then we commit a social blunder..
How to pronounce Faux pas
Epic Fashion Faux Pas By Bollywood Stars – Latest Bollywood News