- (adj) feeling or expressing overwhelming happiness or joyful excitement.
“ecstatic fans filled the stadium”
- (adj) involving an experience of mystic self-transcendence.
“an ecstatic vision of God”
- (noun) a person subject to mystical experiences.
Ecstatic (एक्स्टैटिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उल्लसित, चित्ताकर्षक,भावविभोर,समाधिमग्न,हर्षोन्मत्त,अति आनंदित
- Used by 17c. mystical writers for “a state of rapture that stupefied the body while the soul contemplated divine things,” which probably helped the meaning shift to “exalted state of good feeling” (1610s).
Ecstatic in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- Brendon McCullum Ecstatic as New Zealand Bounce Back
- I’m ecstatic: Neeraj Ghaywan on bagging two awards at Cannes Film Festival
- ‘Our Mother is Back’, Say Ecstatic Jayalalithaa Fans Ahead of Her Return as Chief Minister
- Mumbai Indians ecstatic after clinching 2nd IPL title
- Shoaib Malik scores a century after 6 years, wife Sania Mirza ecstatic
- Nirav Panchal ecstatic about film completion
- Aishwarya Rai ecstatic about audience response to ‘Jazbaa’ both in India & internationally
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ecstatic
- Ecstatic — static rehna mushkil hai, jab Ecstatic hoge
Bollywood News | Hrithik Roshan Is Ecstatic About Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara,Says Zoya Akhtar Is An Am