- (verb) reach inside a receptacle and search for something. “she delved in her pocket”
- (verb) research or make painstaking inquiries into something. “the society is determined to delve deeper into the matter”
- (verb) dig; excavate. “when Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?”
Delve meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- गहन शोध करना, खूब छानबीन करना, खोजना, उलट-पुलटकर ढूंढ़ना, खोदना, तल्लीन करना
- Old English delfan ‘dig’, of West Germanic origin; related to Dutch delve.
Delve in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Sonia shattered the perception that foreigners cannot lead the Indian …, Back in 1998, Vaiju Naravane, a veteran Indian journalist, travelled to the … in Indian politics, and Naravane wanted to delve into her childhood …
- India Ends Kashmir Autonomy, Massacres Rock US: Weekend Reads, Delve into these and other stories about the top events in the past seven days with the latest edition of Weekend Reads. Click here for more of …
- Culinary unity: Ideas and recipes behind many Indian dishes, are in …, That we have a range of such dishes that unite India means our cuisine is … The more you delve into the history of Indian cuisines the more you …
- Delhi court convicts man for bursting non-green crackers, … contain harmful chemicals, which are termed ‘green crackers’, and the Union of India was asked to delve on the subject”. As per court records …
- Smashing Stereotypes: At 14, She Was India’s Youngest Female Dhol …, Are you a lover of history and tradition? Want to delve into forgotten ancient games of India? Check options here.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Delve
- delve sounds like shelves..you delve out the shelves for your girlfriends photo..
- Sounds like Dell. My Dell machine is crashed. Now I want to INVESTIGATE why it is crashed?