- (adj) (of a person or manner) feeling or appearing casually calm and relaxed; not displaying anxiety, interest, or enthusiasm;“she gave a nonchalant shrug”
Nonchalant (नान्शलान्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बेपरवाह, उदासीन, निर्लज्ज
- mid 18th century: from French, literally ‘not being concerned’, from the verb nonchaloir.
Nonchalant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nitish stays nonchalant. Chief minister Nitish Kumar today said he had more important things on his plate than pondering over “anyone’s” words.
- Worrying percentage of students nonchalant about cyber security.
- LeSean McCoy nonchalant about civil suit.
- There is still a nonchalant attitude toward marijuana use by young persons at the high school level for sure.
- The actress said her director’s nonchalant attitude was cultural.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonchalant
- nonchalant = non + challenge (koi matlab hi nahi hai)
indifferent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned; “Government cannot be indifferent to the long-term success of business”
- (adj) being neither good nor bad; mediocre; “both players played indifferent shots”
- (adj) not good; fairly bad; “has indifferent qualifications for the job”
indifferent (इन्डिफरन्ट / इन्डिफ्रन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अपक्षपाती, असावधान, उदासीन, घटिया, तटस्थ, निरुत्सुक, निष्पक्ष ,मामूली ,विरक्त ,साधारण ,सामान्य
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘having no partiality for or against’): via Old French from Latin indifferent- ‘not making any difference’, from in- ‘not’ + different- ‘differing’
indifferent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Why have people become indifferent to crime?
- House obstructed yet again, NC accuses PM of being indifferent.
- Jason Coyle looks for good finish to ‘indifferent‘ season.
- SoftBank investors laud Masayoshi Son’s decision to continue as CEO, indifferent to Nikesh Arora’s exit.
- Representatives protested against the state government’s ‘indifference‘ and said administrative officers also adopted a “lenient approach”.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of indifferent
- indifferent — bhai ‘red’ and ‘green’ different colour hai ki nahi?? why are you so indifferent at traffic signals..
Lackadaisical Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; “I was lackadaisical about my training”
Lackadaisical meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 18th century (also in the sense ‘feebly sentimental’): from lackaday or its obsolete extended form lackadaisy.
Lackadaisical in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Lethargic, lackadaisical and insensitive bureaucracy in India.
- World in reality has a lackadaisical approach to Tibet’s Panchen Lama.
- The writing is also curiously confused and lackadaisical.
- All three films seem to be lackadaisical when it comes to building the character of the hero.
- In its earlier orders, the court has observed that a lackadaisical approach on part of law-enforcing agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lackadaisical
- lackadaisical = lacking + spirit
laid-back Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(adj) relaxed and easy-going
Laid-back meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Presumably originally a metaphor — literally, “sitting in a tilted-back chair”, a relaxed posture of low defensive readiness.
Laid-back in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- There’s just something about the chilled out, laid back attitude of Goa town that makes you want to let your hair down.
- I’m laid back and down to earth person.
- It offers a laid-back pace and blends medieval architecture, scores of cafes, restaurants, boutiques and the zesty weekly market.
- To get that laid-back, uber cool look, distressed ripped jeans are another famed option that college-goers are opting for.
- We love Alia Bhatt’s laid-back approach to style.
How to Become More Laid Back | Better You