- (verb) interfere in something that is not one’s concern. “I don’t want him meddling in our affairs”
- (verb) touch or handle (something) without permission. “you have no right to come in here meddling with my things”
Meddle meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- हाथ लगाना, दखल देना, हस्तक्षेप करना, काम में हस्तक्षेप करना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘mingle, mix’): from Old French medler, variant of mesler, based on Latin miscere ‘to mix’.
Meddle in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Did Shanmukham Chetty, India’s First Finance Minister, Meddle With …, R K Shanmukham Chetty–an alumnus of the Madras Christian College, and Madras law college–has had the ‘rare privilege’ of being India’s …
- Trump jokes to Putin: ‘Don’t meddle in the election, please’, When asked if he would warn Russia not to meddle in the next … taking advantage of the US on support for NATO and that India’s tariffs on the ..
- Top Court Won’t Meddle With HC Order Involving Trinamool Leader’s …, The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to interfere with the Calcutta High Court order which put in abeyance the summons issued by the …
- Gandhis should not meddle with new Congress chief, The Congress will have to define the role of Gandhis in the party before a non-Gandhi is appointed president for the success of a new …
- Democrats pan Donald Trump’s election meddling joke with Vladimir …, With a smirk and a finger point, President Donald Trump dryly told Russia’s Vladimir Putin “Don’t meddle in the election” in their first meeting …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Meddle
- meddle like middle = in between 2 parties ….. means to interfere….to tamper 🙂
ISI may meddle in India's 2019 Lok Sabha election | 2019 पर आईएसआई की नज़र