- (noun) a short journey undertaken in order to deliver or collect something, especially on someone else’s behalf. “she asked Tim to run an errand for her”
- (noun) the purpose or object of an errand. “she knew that if she stated her errand she would not be able to see him”
Errand meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- दूतकार्य, दूतकार्म, संदेश
- Old English ǣrende ‘message, mission’, of Germanic origin; related to Old High German ārunti, and obscurely to Swedish ärende and Danish ærinde .
Errand in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India’s errand-running startup Dunzo raises USD 2.8 million in …, Bengaluru-based hyperlocal delivery platform Dunzo has raised a flurry of funds this month to jump-start its expansion plan of entering new cities and counter …
- Swiggy’s pick up and drop service debuts with an advantage …, India’s homegrown food delivery startup Swiggy is busy expanding its … and also on how far each of these startups can go to run an errand.
- ‘I feel bombarded with to-dos’: the hell of life admin – and how …, ‘Errand paralysis’ might be the most boring and overwhelming … agent before booking this three-week trip to the north of India and I’d balked.
- Goldman Sachs exec in India arrested over $5 mn theft …, 4 on the pretext of training, but sent them on an errand for a few minutes and used their systems to transfer the funds to a bank account in China …
- Want to raise perfect children in India? You can’t & you’ll never …, Or you can be a ‘helicopter mom’, which in India is now called a … The ones who are always happy to run an errand to buy bread or milk?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Errand
- ERA AND RAND went hand in hand for a mission
- when somebody goes to rand , it’s just to accomplish a short mission for night or a day
How to Pronounce Errand