- (noun) a government, especially an authoritarian one. “ideological opponents of the regime”
- (noun) a system or ordered way of doing things. “detention centres with a very tough physical regime”
- (noun) a coordinated programme for the promotion or restoration of health; a regimen. “a low-calorie, low-fat regime”
- (noun) the conditions under which a scientific or industrial process occurs.
Regime meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- शासन पद्वति, पथ्यापथ्य नियम, दौर, शासन, शासन पध्दति या व्यवस्था, शासन-पद्धति, व्यवस्था, प्रशासन, राज्य-काल, व्यवस्था, शासन, शासन-काल, शासन-पद्धति
- late 15th century (in the sense ‘regimen’): French régime, from Latin regimen ‘rule’ (see regimen). Sense 1 dates from the late 18th century (with original reference to the Ancien Régime).
Regime in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India starting faceless tax assessment regime to forestall …, In August, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman conveyed to India Inc. they will not face any harassment as a new system was being put in …
- US treasury secretary asks India to build steady tax regime, MUMBAI: India has to move quickly to capitalise on the global trend of large corporations wanting to diversify manufacturing away from China, …
- India introduces concessional tax regimes for domestic …, India has traditionally been a high corporate tax jurisdiction. Up until September 2019, the effective corporate tax rates (including surcharge …
- India proposes free natural gas pricing regime, KOLKATA (miningweekly.com) – The Indian government has started work on implementing a free pricing regime for domestically produced …
- Opinion | India’s export woes, India’s October trade figures deepen concerns about the health of our … in the refunds due to them under the goods and services tax regime.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Regime
- reg(king or ruler)+aim (method) i,e method of government
- Regime sounds like regiment….military regiment which is a method of system…..or government