- (verb) (of a group of people) kill (someone) for an alleged offence without a legal trial, especially by hanging; “six policemen were lynched by angry crowds”
Lynch meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बिना मुकदमे मार डालना, सज़ा
- mid 19th century: from Lynch’s law, named after Capt. William Lynch, head of a self-constituted judicial tribunal in Virginia circa 1780.
Lynch in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This could very well pave way for lynch mobs to attack me once I am out of the studio.
- Hyena rescued from Agra village lynch mob.
- Without a trial, the mob decided to lynch the accused.
- As a hate crime, they lynched the man from a tree. He hung there with a noose around his neck and a blank expression on his face.
- The crowd, angry at his treachery, decided to lynch him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lynch
- lynch — inch by inch (jammen se upar)… latka diya ped se…
- (verb) drink (something, especially an alcoholic drink) heartily; “he quaffed pint after pint”
- (noun) an alcoholic drink; “porter is a dark, malty quaff”
Quaff (क्वाफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गटकना, खूब पीना, खलाना, ख़ाली करना, डगडगाकर पीना, एक ही साँस में पीना
- early 16th century: probably imitative of the sound of drinking.
Quaff in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Wines to quaff this summer.
- And athletes reportedly quaff diluted vinegar and sodium before events as a way of reducing cramps.
- And although the craft beer industry is still rather nascent, there’s already a barrage of microbreweries offering the perfect quaff.
- she said taking a long quaff of her precious tea.
- But as the night advanced and Jahangir became dizzy with wine (it is said he could quaff several cups in one sitting).
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quaff
- you will ‘cough’ if you ‘quaff’ a beer bottle
Guess who is quaffing here
- (noun) an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of many people; “reports of massacres by government troops”
- (verb) deliberately and brutally kill (many people);”thousands were brutally massacred by soldiers”
- Informal. a crushing defeat, especially in sports.
Massacre (मैसकर) meaning in Hindi
- कड़ी हार,सामूहिक हत्या,कत्ल,नरहत्या (f),पराजय,वध,हत्याकाण्ड,नरसंहार (m),शिकस्त,पराजित करना,संहार करना,सर्वसाधारण की हत्या करना,कड़ी पराजय देना
Massacre in a sentence (Word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Massacre
- massacre-mass killing and burring them in acre of land -by satish pawar
How to pronounce Massacre
Pakistan Massacre – How Can We Move On? Russell Brand The Trews (E213)