- (verb) make (someone) unable to think or feel properly; “As the days passed, the heat would stupefy us, making us too tired to even talk”
- (verb) astonish and shock; “the amount they spend on clothes would stupefy their grandparents”
Stupefy (स्टूपफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभे में डालना, चकित करना, मति-मंद करना
- late Middle English: from French stupéfier, from Latin stupefacere, from stupere ‘be struck senseless’.
Stupefy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A Harry Potter wedding: Everything magical to ‘Stupefy‘ their wedding guests.
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- But the same ball seems to stupefy them when coming from 22 yards away.
- Not only will he stupefy the audience with his visual close-up Magic but also with his skills in ‘Mentalism’ where he reads people’s minds.
- Curiously, this excess of information does no more than stupefy us.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stupefy
- Stupid student ko tough puzzle doge toh stupefy ho jaayega
Enervate [v. en-er-veyt; adj. ih-nur-vit]
- (adj) lacking in energy or vitality “enervated tone”
- (verb) make (someone) feel drained of energy or vitality; “enervating heat”
Enervate (एनर्वेट / इ नर्विट / एनर्वेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ढीला, कमज़ोर, हतोत्साह करना, शक्तिहीन करना, कमज़ोर करना
- early 17th century: from Latin enervat- ‘weakened (by extraction of the sinews)’, from the verb enervare, from e- (variant of ex-) ‘out of’ + nervus ‘sinew’.
Enervate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of enervate
- Enervate = Energy + waste
Revital – ‘enervate’ hona manna hai
- (verb) cause surprise or confusion in (someone), especially by not according with their expectations.“the inflation figure confounded economic analysts”
- (verb) mix up (something) with something else.“he was forever confounding managerialism with idealism”
- (verb) to contradict or refute; to confound their arguments.
- (verb) prove (a theory or expectation) wrong; “the rise in prices confounded expectations”
Confound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उलझाना, गड़बड़ करना, उलझन में डालना, हरा देना
- Middle English: from Old French confondre, from Latin confundere ‘pour together, mix up’
Confound in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of confound
- confound = confusion found
Hum tumme itne ched karengey – Dabangg funny video
- (verb) shock or greatly surprise
Astound (अस्टाउन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभित होना,आश्चर्यचकित करना,डराना,घबरा देना,घबड़ा देना,भयभीत करना,अचम्भित करना,चकित करना,भौंचक्का करना,हक्का बक्का करना
Astound in a sentence
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Astound
- Astound sounds like STUNT which really a wonder
Funny ad from Tide. The Halwai…