- (noun) skill or expertise in a particular activity or field; “his prowess as a fisherman”
- (noun) bravery in battle; “the knights were famed for their prowess in battle”
Prowess (प्राउअस / प्राउइस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- कौशल, दिलेरी, वीरता, शूरता, साहस, भुजबल, विचरना
- Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French proesce, from prou ‘valiant’. Sense 1 dates from the early 20th century.
Prowess in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- India’s skilled manpower and Finland’s high-end tech prowess should be leveraged under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Zac Posen Shows Off His Film Prowess at Metrograph.
- India “proves Ballistic Missile Defence prowess”
- Obamacare tests Trump’s deal-making prowess.
- Why Israel’s Sudden Baseball Prowess Actually Means Something.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prowess
- prowess meain chuppa hai POWER
- (noun) the ability to make good judgements and take quick decisions; “she hides a shrewd business acumen”
Acumen (अक्यूमन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अतिसूक्ष्मता, कुशाग्रता, चतुरता, विदग्धता, सूझबूझ, कुशाग्र बुद्धि, तीव्र दृष्टि, सूक्ष्म बुद्धि
- late 16th century: from Latin, ‘sharpness, point’, from acuere ‘sharpen’
Acumen in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Atal’s ex-dress designer lands in Lucknow to display her artistic acumen.
- PA Sangma conducted the proceedings with transparency and parliamentarian acumen.
- Aggression and Tactical Acumen Key to Margerita’s Drive.
- They did not attempt to become expert and rarely annoyed the players or the audience with their lack of cricket acumen.
- Keeping that in mind young Indians must augment their skills and sharpen their acumen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of acumen
- Acumen = IQ-men ; sharp & shrewd
What is Business Acumen?