- (verb) destroy or injure severely; “many of the bodies had been mutilated”
- (verb) alter so as to make unrecognizable; “the 14th-century carved screen had been mutilated”
Mutilate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बुरी तरह नष्ट कर देना, काटना, छांटना, अंग भंग करना
- early 16th century: from Latin mutilat- ‘maimed, mutilated, lopped off’, from the verb mutilare, from mutilus ‘maimed’.
Mutilate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Chimps Kill, Mutilate and Cannibalize Member of Own Group.
- Woman who threatened to mutilate and kill horses jailed.
- Poachers poison, mutilate lions in South Africa.
- UNICEF decries high rate of female genital mutilation in the country.
- Pakistani troops kill 3 Indian soldiers, mutilate one at LoC.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mutilate
- mutilate = “ate”, if I ate your arm, I mutilate you
Maul Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
- (verb) (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing; he had been mauled by a lion
- (verb) treat (something) savagely or roughly;the body was badly mauled in battle
- (verb) handle (someone) roughly, especially for sexual gratification;she hated being mauled by macho chauvinist pigs
- (verb) defeat heavily in a game or match;the team were mauled 4-0 by Manchester City
- (verb) subject to fierce criticism;he faces a mauling at next week’s conference
- (noun) (in rugby union) a loose scrum formed around a player with the ball off the ground
- (noun) a heavy hammer, as for driving stakes or wedge
Maul (माल / मॉल) meaning in Hindi
- (noun) मोगरा,खुल्लमखुल्ला आलोचना करना,आसानी से पराजित कर देना,बुरी नीयत से छूना
- (verb) क्षतविक्षत करना, खुल्लमखुल्ला आलोचना करना, आसानी से पराजित कर देना, बुरी नीयत से छूना, मुंगराना
Maul word usage in recent news (Maul in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of word Maul
- in a MALL if somebody becomes a nuisance he’ll be *handled roughly* by the security present there.
How to say or pronounce maul
Watch: Minutes before being mauled at Delhi zoo, man seen pleading to white tiger