- (noun) a tiller or wheel for steering a ship or boat. “she stayed at the helm, alert for tankers”
- (noun) a position of leadership. “the chairman is to step down after four years at the helm”
- (noun) a helmsman. “he is a competent helm”
- (verb) steer (a boat or ship). “he helmed a sailing vessel”
- (verb) manage (an organization). “the magazine he helmed in the late eighties”
Helm meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- कर्ण, नियंत्रण, पतवार, प्रबंध शासन, संचालन, इंतज़ाम, इंतिज़ाम, सुक्कान, शिरस्राण, संचालन करना, निशाना लगाना, रास्ते पर लाना, मार्ग पर लाना
- Old English helma ; probably related to helve.
- Old English, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch helm and German Helm, also to helmet, from an Indo-European root meaning ‘to cover or hide’.
Helm in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Who’ll helm Indian football?, The Indian football federation has shortlisted four candidates to take over as the new men’s national coach to replace Stephen Constantine, …
- Deutsche Bank’s Shaparia to Helm India Business Replacing Gill, (Bloomberg) — Deutsche Bank AG named Kaushik Shaparia as chief country officer of its Indian unit, one of the most profitable markets for the German lender ….
- Sanjiv Puri steps into Deveshwar’s shoes at ITC, NEW DELHI/MUMBAI: ITC Ltd, India’s largest cigarette maker, … ₹51,500 crore during the two decades that he was at the helm of the company.
- FC Goa retains Ahmed Jahouh for another year, Panaji, May 16 Indian Super League (ISL) outfit FC Goa on … With him at the helm of affairs in midfield, the Gaurs qualified for playoffs in the …
- Why Aren’t Those At Helm of Affairs Taken To Task?, According to the Election Commission of India (ECI), there is no blanket ban on floating of tenders when the model code of conduct is in force.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Helm
- Better take the ‘HELM’ in your hands or else this dumbhead is going to make us cry ‘HELP HELP!’
- if you don’t helm the ship, you will go to hell.