Divulge [dih-vuhlj, dahy-]
(verb) make known (private or sensitive information)
Divulge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
प्रकट करना, रहस्य खोलना, खोल देना, प्रकाशित करना, एलान करना, घोषणा करना, भेद खोलना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘announce publicly’): from Latin divulgare, from di- ‘widely’ + vulgare ‘publish’ (from vulgus ‘common people’)
Divulge in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- The UDP leader, however, refused to divulge the names who are in the fray for the UDP ticket.
- Cyril doesn’t divulge much about the film — he specifically says he won’t reveal why Kattappa kills the title character.
- Police refused to divulge information about his remand or exact charges with us, which amounts to denial of legal rights.
- Meanwhile, he refused to divulge steps being taken to rescue two other tigers.
- The AIIMS authorities, however, refused to divulge details about the report.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of divulge
- divulge (रहस्य खोलना) directly yaad kar lo 🙂
7 Celebrities Divulge Their Food Indulgences – Harper’s Bazaar