- (verb) encourage or assist (someone) to do something wrong, in particular to commit a crime; “he was not guilty of murder, but guilty of aiding and abetting others”
Abet (अबेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उकसाना, अपराध आदि में सहायक होना, बुरे काम के लिये उकसाना, सहयोग देना, बढ़ावा देना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘urge to do something good or bad’): from Old French abeter, from a- (from Latin ad ‘to, at’) + beter ‘hound, urge on’.
Abet in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Hang officials who abet lake encroachments, says Speaker.
- Social media and online media will continue to aid and abet terrorists with spreading their message and reaching new generations of recruits.
- We also arrested another young man, Ameen Ali, from the same premises for helping Muzamil abet the crime.
- China could initiate and enhance its support for militants in the Indian northeast, or worse, encourage and abet Pakistan’s proxy warriors.
- Digital currency to abet money laundering: Report
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abet
- abet = “aa” + “bet” lagate hai, you can’t kill a tiger
Akshay Kumar abetting the crime
hera pheri funny phone call scene by paresh rawal