- (adj) having or characterized by many transient sexual relationships; “she’s a wild, promiscuous, good-time girl”
- (adj) demonstrating or implying an unselective approach; indiscriminate or casual; “the city fathers were promiscuous with their honours”
- (adj) consisting of a wide range of different things; “Americans are free to choose from a promiscuous array of values”
Promiscuous (प्रमिस्क्यूअस / प्रोमिस्क्वस / प्रामिस्क्यूअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- भ्रम-ग्रसित, बेक़ायदा, सिद्धांतशून्य, बुरे भले का विचार से रहित, अनेक प्रकार का
- early 17th century: from Latin promiscuus ‘indiscriminate’, (based on miscere ‘to mix’) + -ous. The early sense was ‘consisting of elements mixed together’, giving rise to ‘indiscriminate’ and ‘undiscriminating’, whence the notion of ‘casual’.
Promiscuous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This study lessens an alternate theory that promiscuous females and lazy males are just naturally more likely to pair.
- Promiscuous‘ woman gang raped by lover and friend … repeatedly raped by her boyfriend and his friend accusing her of being promiscuous.
- Kim Kardashian has been targeted by the country of Iran for encouraging Iranian women to post “promiscuous” photos of themselves.
- My Life as a Bitch (2001) tells the story of a girl who becomes a dog and enjoys being promiscuous.
- Brand loyalty has been booted out, and brand promiscuity has taken its place.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of promiscuous
- Promiscuous = if you “promise” to give “kiss” to all your ‘miss’ friends, you will be called Promiscuous