- (noun) a countless or extremely great number of people or things; “myriads of insects danced around the light above my head”
- (noun) (chiefly in classical history) a unit of ten thousand; “the army was organized on a decimal system, up to divisions of 10,000 or myriads”
- (adj) countless or extremely great in number; “the myriad lights of the city”
- (adj) having countless or very many elements or aspects; “the myriad political scene”
Myriad (मिरीअड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दस हज़र, हज़ारों, अनगिनत संख्या, असंख्य, बेशुमार, लाखों, हजारों
- mid 16th century (in sense 2 of the noun): via late Latin from Greek murias, muriad-, from murioi ‘10,000’.
Myriad in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Donald Trump Enters the White House Facing a Myriad Crises.
- Explaining that myriad measures were taken to help the transition easier for the citizens of the country, he said,
- Satisfying myriad sections is tough in politics.
- Myriad events to showcase multiple skills and an opportunity to socialise and revel in friendly competition.
- we aim to address the myriad healthcare challenges associated with poor public health infrastructure.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of myriad
- Myriad = My + Raid,,,, Myriad money ke karan mere yahan raid pad gayi
Ek Myriad mein meri behna hai.. Song
phool ko taron ka – hare rama hare krishna