- (verb) regard with disgust and hatred.
Abhor (ऐब्हॉर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- घृणा करना, नफ़रत करना
- late Middle English: from Latin abhorrere, from ab- ‘away from’ + horrere ‘to shudder’
Abhor in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- I abhor it when people cut lanes without any thought, especially those who cut across from the left lane to turn right.
- While it is clear that Israeli leaders sincerely abhor this attack, they bear responsibility for it.
- I abhor restaurants in hotels in India because the service tends to be pushy and the food overpriced.
- We abhor violence of all types, which runs completely counter to our work to end extreme poverty in the world.
- Students would abhor going to school.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abhor
- ab + “hor” , ab I hate horror movies
dellybelly – “I Abhor you like I love you” song