- (noun) a place that is frequented for holidays or recreation or for a particular purpose; “a seaside resort”
- (noun) the action of resorting to a course of action in a difficult situation; “it is desirable that the matter be settled without resort to legal proceedings”
- (verb) turn to and adopt (a course of action, especially an extreme or undesirable one) so as to resolve a difficult situation; “the duke was prepared to resort to force if negotiation failed”
- (formal) go often or in large numbers to; “local authorities have a duty to provide adequate sites for gypsies ‘residing in or resorting to’ their areas”
Resort (रिज़ॉर्ट / रीज़ॉर्ट / रीसॉर्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आने जाने की जगह, लौट जाना, अंतिम चारा, गमन स्थान, अखाड़ा, अड्डा, आश्रय, उपाय, गमन, जमाव, प्रश्रय, भीड़, युक्ति, शरण, सहारा, सैरगाह, प्रयोग करना, आश्रय लेना, सहारा लेना, आसरा लेना, सहायता लेना, यत्र करना, शरण लेना, लौट जाना, कहीं जाना, गुजरना, बदलना
- late Middle English (denoting something one can turn to for assistance): from Old French resortir, from re- ‘again’ + sortir ‘come or go out’. The sense ‘place frequently visited’ dates from the mid 18th century.
Resort in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Brokers resort to crowd funding to fight NSEL case.
- Weekend Wanderlust: Skiing in a small but stylish Bavarian resort.
- How to reboot your eating without resorting to a fad diet.
- US Homebuilders Are Resorting to Price Cuts to Lure Buyers.
- PDP resorting to blame game to regain lost base: BJP.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of resort
- bhai kaise bhi karke ‘sort’ karo… what’s your last resort if you fail in exam 🙂
Afghans resorting to heroin