- (verb) trim (something) by cutting away its outer edges. “Carlo pared his thumbnails with his knife”
- (verb) cut off (the outer skin) of something. “pare off the rind using a peeler”
- (verb) educe (something) in size, extent, or quantity in a number of small successive stages. “union leaders publicly pared down their demands”
Pare meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- कतरना, काटना, घटाना, छांटना, छीलना, तराशना, छाँटना, कम करना, छोटा करना, संक्षिप्त करना, थोड़ा थोड़ा कम करना, साफ़ करना, क़ैंची करना
- Middle English: from Old French parer ‘adorn, prepare’, also ‘peel, trim’, from Latin parare ‘prepare’.
Pare in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Jet Airways shares pare gains after rising 1%
- Punjab National Bank to pare stake in PPNB Housing Finance
- Alok Sama to step down from SoftBank; KKR, GIC to pare stake in HDFC
- Nitesh Estates pares ₹450 crore debt via asset sale
- GST cut: Government expects realtors to pare prices
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pare
- You PARE your food when you eat SPARINGLY.
- i wont spare u wait iam cmg to pare ur skin.idiot