Ponderous [pon-der-uh s]
- (adj) slow and clumsy because of great weight.“a mechanical doll performed a ponderous dance”
- (adj) (especially of speech or writing) dull or laborious.“the show is loaded down with ponderous one-liners”
Ponderous (पान्डरस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- नीरस, भारी-भरकम, श्रमसाध्य, कष्टकारक, बोझल, वजनदार
- late Middle English: via French from Latin ponderosus, from pondus, ponder- ‘weight’.
Ponderous in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- John McPhee has written a ponderous New Yorker story about the process of writing itself?
- It reflects the efforts of a state getting down to the ponderous business of educating its citizens.
- Wales can look ponderous and unimaginative in attack, although their defence is never far short of colossal.
- Test match game gave way to porous defence and ponderous foot movement.
- The pace of the narrative is painfully ponderous.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ponderous
- Ponderous mein chhupa hai “Pound” = bhari-bharkam
This is Ponderous