- (noun) an agreement between enemies or opponents to stop fighting or arguing for a certain time. “the guerrillas called a three-day truce”
Truce meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- युद्ध विराम, थोड़े दिन की सन्धि, अस्थायी संधि काल
- Middle English trewes, trues (plural), from Old English trēowa, plural of trēow ‘belief, trust’, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch trouw and German Treue, also to true.
Truce in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Ministries call truce, higher PF rate to stay … As it does not take a penny from the Consolidated Fund of India, it is not obliged to follow the …
- Zomato Calls for Truce With Restaurant Owners, Says Willing to …, More than 1,200 restaurants in several major Indian cities have reportedly de-listed themselves from the dine-in programmes of services like …
- IndiGo co-founder says feud still unresolved, reports of truce false, A co-founder of India’s biggest airline IndiGo, Rakesh Gangwal, said reports that a truce had been brokered between him and another …
- 2nd jawan dies in 3 days as Pakistan violates truce in Poonch … The Indian Army “retaliated befittingly to the ceasefire violation” and caused …
- Pakistan breaches truce again, 10-day-old infant injured in Sunday’s …, This is the second breach of truce in the last 24 hours. … sector, to which the Indian Army effectively retaliated,” said a defence spokesperson.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Truce
- it rhymes with juice…..so u give a juice to ppl who r fightin so tht it stops fr sum tym n dey can discuss over it:)