- (adj) having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge. “the criticism was both vindictive and personalized”
Vindictive meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रतिशोधी, प्रतिहिंसाशील, ईर्ष्यालु, तामसिक, बदला लेनेवाला, कीना रखनेवाला, दंड देनेवाला, दंड लगानेवाला, सज़ा देनेवाला
- early 17th century: from Latin vindicta ‘vengeance’ + -ive.
Vindictive in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Doctors slam government action on NGO Lawyers Collective, The All India Drug Action Network (Aidan) said the case appeared an … that has resulted in this vindictive action against them,” Aidan said.
- Uttarakhand HC issues contempt notices to Centre, AIIMS, … Guleria on a contempt petition filed by Indian Forest Service officer Sanjiv … In its order, the court had termed as “vindictive” the attitude of the …
- All India Kisan Sabha questions Rahul’s stand on crimes against …, All India Kisan Sabha questions Rahul’s stand on crimes against … of AIKS said the organisation strongly condemned ‘the vindictive steps by …
- Trump vs Triumf: What India can do to salvage Indo-US ties,
Unlike India’s military focussed ties with Russia, the US-India …. They have exhibited vindictive behaviour on at least two similar occasions.
- Anti-press tactics, Ironically, a BJP spokesperson insists that the press in India is free. … room for vindictive behaviour, or blackmail, in the garb of ‘prerogative’.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Vindictive
- vin(win) a person is always wanting to win , if he loses he feels to seek revenge
- The vindictive one is likely to start vendetta(that is fight for revenge).
UPA Govt Was Vindictive Towards Lalit Modi: Family