- (adj) (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects;“a virulent strain of influenza”
- (adj) bitterly hostile;“a virulent attack on liberalism”
Virulent (विरलन्ट / विर्यलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, जहरीला, तीखा, द्रोही, विषमय, विषाक्त, विषैला, संक्रामक
- late Middle English (originally describing a poisoned wound): from Latin virulentus, from virus ‘poison’
Virulent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Virulent CPM hatred triggered attack on CITU leader.
- In this past week we have seen virulent hysteria from political leaders on a scale rarely seen before.
- Even while targeting BJP, parties are competing with each other to be seen as the most virulent critic of the half-baked move.
- Strain of dengue in Delhi less virulent, says health secretary.
- On the social media, the tone is virulent; one asked, “why should every policy be about the poor.” Why indeed?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Virulent
Pernicious Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way; “the pernicious influences of the mass media”
Pernicious (पर्निशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- घातक, दुखदाई, नाशक, हानिकारक
- late Middle English: from Latin perniciosus ‘destructive’, from pernicies ‘ruin’, based on nex, nec- ‘death’.
Pernicious in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Politicians and government functionaries to benefit from favourable laws and tax concessions, crony socialism is equally pernicious.
- So, a team comprising young, tech-savvy clerics is being mooted to counter the pernicious propaganda.
- The real issue though, is still poaching of tigers, which is a pernicious, international and persistent problem.
- The pernicious effect of loan continues many years after graduation. The student is forced to find employment by the end of her studies.
- Rajan said high inflation has “pernicious effects” on the weaker sections.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pernicious
- kya ‘parinde’ (bird) ka meat pernicious (harmful) ho sakta hai?
Vitriolic Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) filled with bitter criticism or malice; “he launched a vitriolic attack on the government”
Vitriolic meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कटु, तीखा, सख़्त, अति कटु भाषण
Vitriolic in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- Trumps vitriolic, hate-filled rhetoric is scary.
- Group condemns vitriolic attack on NAPIMS boss.
- Mr. Trump’s most vitriolic statements have targeted minorities including Muslims, Mexicans, women and the LGBT community.
- Some BJP leaders also believe Sidhu would not mount any vitriolic attack on BJP in the cut and thrust of the electoral battle of Punjab assembly.
- From questioning his educational qualifications to sending vitriolic tweets, the CM has not missed an opportunity to target Modi.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vitriolic
- VITRIOL = another name for sulphuric acid (H2SO4) which is bitter, caustic and harsh.