- (noun) a state of perplexity or uncertainty over what to do in a difficult situation; “Nehra was in a quandary”
- (noun) a difficult situation; a practical dilemma; “a legal quandary”
Quandary (क्वान्डरी / क्वान्ड्री) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- असमंजस, आशंका, उलझन, व्याकुलता, शंका, हैरानी, घबड़ाहट, नाज़ुक हालत, तंग हालत
- late 16th century: perhaps partly from Latin quando ‘when’.
Quandary in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Ajay leaves Congress in a quandary.
- Revised MGNREGA wages put States in a quandary.
- AIADMK’s move puts TMC in a quandary.
- Maharashtra government in quandary over housing act.
- Water or cricket? Bombay HC leaves BCCI in quandary.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quandary
- quandary = kaun + si + dairy … se dhood lu 🙁 sab paani milaate hai
Difficult GRE Words – Quandary (Vocabulary Video)